January 22, 2009

Kind of depressing...

It's another day and I don't have a whole lot to talk about. Its Thursday, I'm back at work, things are busy. My insane co-worker is back from training/leave/whatever he does. I'm sure he'll provide me some fodder to blog about eventually.

I'm still mulling over life/career decisions. I really need to figure out what I want out of my career. Part of me thinks it would be cool to try and take the next step into a team lead/management kind of role, but I have concerns about my ability to be good at it. I guess I will never know if I don't try it, but I'm not sure I want to risk all the progress I've made just to fail and have to start over again. I know I wouldn't want my boss' job. He comes in on Sunday morning every week just to catch up on email. I already give this job 40+ hours a week, I'm not ready to have to do something like that just to keep up.

The other side is if I stay where I am, maybe adding phone skills am I just being lazy, or playing it safe? Who knows...I'll figure this out eventually.

s

No comments:

Post a Comment