March 26, 2009

The hits just keep on coming...


SI.com has released the next installment in the NCAA cheerleader series. Today we have been presented with the cheerleaders of the mid-west bracket. I know, I know. You're welcome.

I'm suffering from a case of the 'I don't wanna be here's" today. I don't know why, but today I have the burning desire to do absolutely nothing. Its frustrating. It seems that the stupid co-workers are back up to their antics after a nice 2-3 week break. Coworker #1 is back to spending his entire day on Gmail chat, and coworker #2 is back to thinking that I'll clean up all his messes for him. The week or two of honest to goodness teamwork we experienced is gone. I found out this morning that I have my 2008 employee review this afternoon. My boss is going to take a half hour to tell me that I'm not getting a raise. Hopefully something constructive will come of this, but I'm not holding my breath. The last few of these have been lots of fluff, followed by a meager pay increase. Since no-one here is getting an increase, the content of the review itself ought to be very interesting.

The doctor informed me this week that my BMI(Body Mass Index) is 36. Anything above 25 is bad. The quest is now on for me to avoid having to take diabetes pills, blood pressure pills, and who knows what else. I'll try to throw a quick blurb in each week to let you know how that's going. Weigh in day will be Friday, and this week isn't a complete week, but I will take a measurement tomorrow to see where I stand. The silver lining is that it should really help my hockey. I'll be much faster with 20-30 less pounds to carry around. YAY!

Enjoy the cheerleaders..thanks again to si.com.

1 comment:

  1. I know it's tough but if you really pay attention while you are eating, eat more slowly and stop as soon as you feel satisfied, not full, that will help a lot. I know you can do it, I have full confidence in you!

    ReplyDelete