November 2, 2009

Some things never change...

I made my first trip to the Collectors Showcase of America sports memorabilia show at the Dulles Expo Center yesterday. The place is a haven for sports geeks of all kinds. I was hoping that maybe if I got some cards from different vendors that my luck would change. Alas, it has not. I invested in a box of 05-06 Upper Deck hockey with the hopes of pulling an Ovechkin or Crosby rookie, or one of the many decent rookies from that year. Nada, I got six no names, and my three jersey cards also sucked. The bad sports card chi continues. I would also like to express my disappointment with one of the dealers there. The name of the company is PS Game gear, based out of Dulles, VA. I was willing to purchase a Mike Green autographed Mini-Helmet for my collection, but PS wouldn't take my bank card for a purchase less than $100. Unreal. They lost out on a good sale, because they were too cheap to fire up the credit card machine. I will seriously re-consider purchasing any memorabilia from them in the future. Overall the show was a lot of fun, and I would certainly go again.

Halloween was a lot of fun, Carey's event went off very well, with minimal rain. Our "bacon and eggs" costumes were a big hit.

The Caps lost twice in overtime this weekend. I don't know what it is about this team, but they just seem to be lacking something. I'm not even going to pretend that I know what it is, and I still love them, but something isn't right. Lets hope they get it fixed before the playoffs.

s

No comments:

Post a Comment