June 2, 2010

A change in career path



Those of you that know me know how much I dislike my current employment situation and my current employer. I know, I know, it could be worse, I could work at BP.  I have spent at least two blog entries talking about needing to make a change. I decided a few weeks ago that the change I need to make needs to be a big one.  I am giving up on IT after ten years or so and going back to school.  My goal will be to get a degree and a new job in the field of Meteorology.  Its something that I have found fascinating for years, and it's something that I think I will enjoy doing.  I have a long road to make this happen, but it starts in the fall as I start by catching up on maths and sciences at Howard Community College.  I'm really looking forward to this new change and new challenge in my life.  I will continuing to work in IT to pay for school, as I attend in the evenigs and on the weekend.  The amount of advanced math and science I have to take is pretty daunting, especially since I avoided it like the plague the 1st time I was in school.  I've already been "catching up" on the math basics for the last few weeks, and it's actually fun, that bodes well for me.   My goal with this is to get all the way through the Masters program in Meterology and end up working someplace like NOAA or the National Weather Service.  Wish me luck!

s

No comments:

Post a Comment