June 23, 2010

My Job Stinks..LITERALLY


  I was on my way to the cafeteria yesterday morning to fill my cup with ice water for the morning.  The journey is simple, take the elevator or stairs to the first floor, and as soon as the doors open *WHAM* the smell hit me like opening a trash can full of week old trash.  The odor was awful.  I don't know where it came from or what it was, but I was seriously thankful that my desk is two floors above this smell.  Facilities arrived, opened all the doors, and put a fan or two in, and by lunchtime the smell was only a hint of it's former self.
Today I made the same journey, and as soon as I got close to the first floor in the stairwell, it was back. I started giggling,  cause I know how the people in my office are, and I'm sure building facilities has gotten at least 50 calls complaining.  I could tell they had been here because the smell of freshly sprayed air freshener masked all but a little of  the foul odor.  The few people I did see on my way to the cafeteria looked pissed.  I love taking comfort in the fact that my co-workers are busy annoying someone else.  It will be interesting to see if the smell goes away by lunchtime.   Lastly..while I was writing this entry, an email went out to the entire building. Facilities is "working on it".  The plot, and the smell, thickens.

s

1 comment: