July 22, 2010

Random work rant.

I haven't posted one of these in a while, so here goes:

I noticed on my co-worker's calendar that he has a "meeting" scheduled from 1-2pm every day, Mon-Fri.  We are on a lot of the same meetings so I looked at the details of this meeting and there were none. I then realized that 1-2pm is his lunch hour.  Apparently he's so important that he can block off his lunch hour every day sick of people scheduling calls or meetings during his lunch, so he now shows as busy on the calendar for that period of time. I can't believe he's getting away with this. Unreal.

We were also informed by our boss today that all travel has been cut.  Our boss is in Greensboro, NC. He would usually make a trip a month or so up here to have some "face time" with us.  Who knows when we will see him now.  He just keeps getting further and further out of touch with whats going on with our group. I've got coworkers who think that they are the most important people in the world, coworkers who think the rules apply to everyone but them, and coworkers who refuse to help anyone else on the team out, and there's only five of us on the team. Now that we know he won't be coming anytime soon, I expect this to get worse.  I can't get back in school fast enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment