January 20, 2009

I should have seen this coming...

It's Inauguration Day, and I can't believe it didn't think of this. Our internet connection has come to a crawl. It seems that a large number of my users have decided to watch the inauguration over the web. I'm officially public enemy number one since I sent an email telling them to stop. There are days that I love my job. I'm fortunate to have a portable satellite radio and a seat by the window so I can listen to it without affecting any of our systems.

I was surprised to find that traffic was very light coming to the office today. I'm not gonna lie, I was hoping it would be gridlock and that I would get to spend the day at home. It could be worse though, I don't have to waste 8 hours of vacation on a day that I didn't need or want to take off.

It's exciting to see a new President coming in, but I really don't think or expect things to change all that much. I think I will be interesting to see what happens over the next 2-4 years. Obama has everything he needs to make change, so if things don't happen the way people want, all this pomp and circumstance may be for nothing. I am proud to be an American today though.

Talk to you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment