January 7, 2009

RANT

An no, that does not mean "Remote Agent for Windows NT". I'm sorry for those of you who don't work on computers but I need to let this go this morning.

My idiot co worker unplugged the power from an ENTIRE RACK of test servers this morning, and he wouldn't even admit that he did it. Apparently he was adding or removing hardware from the rack and pulled the plug. I noticed it because my VM Ware test environment went down all at once. I just cant deal with this asshole anymore. Seriously, pay attention to what the f*** you are doing. What if it had been a production rack? The other thing that amazes me is that he didn't notice that 6 servers and a tape library just happened to stop working all at once. It would be more acceptable if this was the first or even second time this kind of mistake had been made, but its not. I swear to God, I don't know how folks like this manage to stay employed. This is in addition to his powering off a production box and unracking it without the proper change controls. (also this morning) Now we are getting pages on our cell phones, and calls from the server team in Arizona wanting to know what the hell happened to this box. I'm deflecting all that to him. Its not my job to make sure he does his job right.

I so can't wait to get out of here. There is no guaruntee that it will be better somewhere else, but I will never know if I don't look. Thanks for reading, I'll post something happier this afternoon.

s

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes...your job is ALL you can do! You can't help working with idiots and you can't make them go away, so be happy at do what you can and at the end of the day you get to go home with the clear conscience you went into work in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it makes you feel any better, I have a mystery class on the schedule for the spring semester (starts Saturday) with 6 students enrolled, no teacher, and no classroom.

    ReplyDelete