April 17, 2009

Friday Morning Funny....

I don't often get blog-worthy material this early in the day, but I HAD to share this.
Most of you know I administer an Avaya telephone system at work. I got a call this morning because we had a nurse leave the company recently. No one told us she left so we didn't remove her voicemail and phone station. She worked remotely, so she had set her voicemail box up to call her company cell phone to notify her that she had a message. The company canceled her cell phone, and Sprint gave the number to a new subscriber, for the sake of this blog we'll call him Manuel. Someone had left this former employee a message and my voicemail system was calling her old cell phone number every 15 minutes 24 hours a day. The system will do that until you retrieve the message. I felt bad for Manuel when I heard about this and fixed the issue as quickly as I could. The funny part of this is the message that Manuel left in the mailbox that was calling him. The emphasis he put on the phrase "all day long and all night long" in reference to how many calls he was getting was hysterical. I loved it. I also called Manuel and apologized for the inconvenience. It still made me laugh though. Happy Friday!

s

No comments:

Post a Comment