October 26, 2009

Hockey filled weekend.


The weekend was great fun. We had some friends over on Friday night, and my lousy luck with sports cards/memorabilia continues. A friend got me a "Hidden Treasure" NFL mini helmet. They work a lot like sports cards. You buy a sealed box, and in that box is a mini-helmet that is autographed. It could be any team, any player, but most are high profile. It could have been Peyton Manning, Joe Montana, Terry Bradshaw, Ronnie Lott, I could go on for a while. I got Mike Thomas. Seriously? You may be asking, like I was, who the hell is Mike Thomas? He was a top draft pick of the Washington Redskins back in the mid-70's. According to his autograph he was the 1975 NFL rookie of the year. It's a nice little helmet, don't get me wrong, but it's just further proof that when it comes to sports cards/memorabilia, my luck sucks. Oh well.

I played hockey both Saturday and Sunday, and have another game tonight. I think it's safe to say I will sleep well tonight. Until tomorrow.

S

No comments:

Post a Comment