October 27, 2009

Sleepy...


The last few days have been really busy. I've played hockey three times, in three days, capped off by a late night affair in Wheaton yesterday. I'm still not used to going to bed at 1:30 and getting up at 6:30 ugh. We were outplayed last night, plain and simple. I had the assist on our only goal though, so that was a bright spot. Carey has learned the joys of score keeping for my HNA games which is nice, because each game she works makes my league fee go down by $20. YAY!

Sunday afternoon was a pickup/placement game at Wells in College Park. I've been playing pickup since I first got into the game, I use it as a mechanism to practice the skills I need to get better at. I also really like the challenge of playing against players that are 2/3 levels above my skill level. I've found this to be frustrating at times, when I feel like I can't get out of the way, but Sunday was a little bit different for me. I don't know if it was the players that we played with, or something that I was doing right, but I got rewarded twice with goals off of passes by players I would consider C+ or B- level. It's almost like they finally saw me busting my ass to keep up with them, and used their skill to get the puck to me. Both goals were off quick centering passes to the net, so I didn't have to do much with the puck, but at most pickups I've been to those passes never come. That made me feel really good. It was also really nice to see Carey return to the ice. She's been out since April, and she was really looking forward to it. She did very well to. It makes me very proud to see her out there mixing it up with the boys. A lot of women would never do that.

I will probably be asleep by 9:30 tonight...which isn't a bad thing.

s

No comments:

Post a Comment