October 13, 2009

What a game.


I stumbled across tickets to last night's Caps/Devils game online a few weeks ago. My buddy Dan idolizes Martin Brodeur, but had never seen him play. The opportunity to sit a few feet away from a three time Stanley Cup winner was hard to resist. Our seats were two rows off the ice.

The game was awesome. The caps jumped out to a quick 2-0 lead, I actually feared that my buddy may see his idol get pulled. The Devils figured it out though and worked all the way back to tie the game at two in the third period. Overtime was thrilling, lots of chances for each team, but no one scored. Then came the shootout. Could it get any better? The Caps ended up losing, but I didn't care. I got to see a first ballot hall of famer take on the most feared player in the league, from 10 feet away. I'll recall that memory many times I'm sure. Overall, it was a great night.

s

No comments:

Post a Comment