November 10, 2009

The End Of The World


The last two months have been kind of different here in the office. The device we use to monitor and control access to the Internet has been down. Users were able to Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, Youtube, etc. Well, that all came to a screeching halt at lunchtime today. Our device is fixed and back on-line. I'm sure this will be a fun afternoon, I can already hear the users whining. There are some aspects of my job that I do like. Listening to users complain is generally one of them.

Speaking of jobs, we found out a month or so ago that CVS is closing the pharmacy at our location and moving all of our reimbursement folks to Pittsburgh. Since then I have been able to confirm at least four other programs that will be leaving us around the same time. We are going to lose about 125 positions, in our building. This won't impact me directly, at least right away. I do know if the user count does not rebound, they won't need five people to support 150 local users, so I've got to keep my eyes open.

All else is well, no complaints. Talk to you soon.

S

No comments:

Post a Comment