November 24, 2009

Thoughts on hockey...


Happy Tuesday,
I was surfing through si.com this morning, as I usually do at some point during the day, and I found a gallery of pics from a recent sled hockey tournament. Sled hockey is set up so that folks that have had amputations, or some issue that has caused their legs to stop working, can play the best game in the world. The sled has blades on it, and sits high enough that the puck will slide underneath it. It was awesome to see the pictures of these folks playing. The gallery made me think about how lucky I am to be able to play hockey, no matter how frustrated I get with myself while playing. I also figured with this being the week leading up to Thanksgiving that the message was appropriate. Congrats to the the folks in the pictures. Keep playing and having fun!

s

No comments:

Post a Comment