February 4, 2010

The Great American Race

The second week of February is right on our doorstep. This is always a fun time for me.  Carey's birthday is this weekend, Valentines Day is next weekend, there is some big football game on Sunday, and NASCAR returns this weekend.  Yes, I said NASCAR. Those of you that know me know that I am not a real fan of the National Association of Stock Car Auto Racing, but for some reason I am always drawn too it when the leadup to the Daytona 500 begins. Once March starts, NASCAR racing will be an afterthought to me, as the drivers will have shown their colors as spoiled millionaire brats, but for the next two weeks, I'm a race fan.  I'm not sure if it's the fact that racing has been gone since November, or if it's the fact that cars racing inches from each other at near 200 miles per hour is fascinating to me. There is just something about the racing(and the amount of it) that will be on television for the next two weeks that totally attracts me.  I'm fully expecting a fair amount of ribbing from Carey, as she will remind me over and over again, that "I gave up on NASCAR racing several years ago." I just find something soothing about seeing that it is warm somewhere, and when NASCAR starts, it means that those warmer temperatures aren't too far off.  Here's to speedweeks 2010..may it be safe, warm, and well covered by Speed Channel in HD. 

No comments:

Post a Comment