June 30, 2010

Weekend Recap



I took one of my friends and went to Newark over the weekend(and we survived!)for the New Jersey Devils equipment sale.  The Devils were selling off some new/used hockey equipment, lots of teams do this.   We made a $20 donation to one of the Devils charities to get access to the pre-sale.  Dan and I were roughly 150'th in line.   I came away with a new pair of hockey pants, and new stick, and a pair of game used gloves, all for about $100 less than the price of the stick by itself at your average pro-shop.  I had hoped to get a few more sticks, but only the most dedicated collector's and ebayers got the limited number of right handed sticks.   I still did very well I think.   The trip was  a lot of fun, with the exception of the 15 mile backup we sat in on the way home.  The New Jersey Turnpike was clogged up from just before exit 9, all the way to exit 8 due to a sink hole in the right lane.  I've never sat in stop and go traffic for two and a half hours before, and I hope I don't have to again. We made the best of it, and still managed to get home in one piece.  Overall, it was still a really fun trip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment