July 20, 2010

WOW

It's moments like I had yesterday afternoon that make me want to study the weather.  I was on my way home from work, and there were some thunderstorms in the area, but my commute was generally unaffected. I came to the top of a hill on route 108, just barely past the Howard County line and I saw this:



The sun was out, it wasn't raining, but I was staring at what looked a lot like a funnel cloud. I pulled over and snapped the shot above. The cloud was very low in the sky, but I couldn't see any rotation.  Considering the powerful radar that the National Weather Service has, had it been anything dangerous they would have known about it...or so I hope.  The cloud hung together for quite a while, I took this pic about 10 minutes later.






If anyone knows what this was, drop me a line, I'd love to know.

**EDIT** I'm fairly sure that it's not '"God's Dick" as my co-worker so eloquently put it.


s

No comments:

Post a Comment