December 31, 2008

New Years Eve

Before I do anything else, I'd like to take a second to wish everyone a Happy New Year. I don't do the whole reflecting thing very well, but I will say this: It was a happy, healthy, and safe year. You can't ask for a lot more than that. Here's to 2009!


I've developed this interest in sports cards. I don't know exactly what sparked it, but all the sudden I find myself "jonesing" for a trip to Target to pick up a $20 pack of hockey cards. This is kinda weird considering the last time I was into this kind of thing I had to get money from my parents to buy them. There's just something exciting about opening a foil pack and seeing what I've found. I dunno, I'm weird...you were warned about that. I'm looking at the possibility of making them into my own little memorabilia section of the basement. The cards are so much nicer than they were when I was a kid, all glossy and pretty. We'll see what comes of this....I'll keep you in the loop.

If you have no plans for New Years Day, and aren't terribly interested in football, you may want to check out the NHL "Winter Classic". The Detroit Red Wings and Chicago Blackhawks will be playing hockey at Wrigley Field in front of 50,000 or so folks on New Years Day. It will be hockey they way it was meant to be, out in the cold. If you've never given hockey a chance, watch 1 period. See what you think. You never know, you might like it. Feel free to comment, lemme know. I love to introduce people to the sport that I am so attached to.


I'm working Jan 2, so I'm sure I'll have some time to publish another riveting chapter in my life. Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment