December 29, 2008

One down, one to go.

We are officially half way through the "holiday season". Christmas is done, and those of us who don't have a ton of vacation are back at work(yours truly included). Christmas was fun this year, we hung out with my folks, then spent the weekend in north Jersey with the wife's family. The highlight of the trip for me was the trip to NYC. I love going there. I could walk around for hours and look at the tall buildings. I must admit it was a bit weird going with her cousins, who are now in high school and college. I remember when I first met them, they were kids. Now, we treat them as adults. They can do everything but drink, and they showed us around NYC. It was a blast. I should have some pics to post tonight(in between sessions on the new Wii). I think we were all ready to go home on Sunday. 9 Jersey Italians under one roof can only stand each other for so long, and this polish boy was ready for the peace and quiet of his own place.(not to mention the comfort of his own bed). New Years is next, what a great excuse to party!

It took me exactly 30 seconds to realize that I hate my job this morning when I got back. To make a long story short, I realized that the other network admin. was not checking backups like he is supposed to every other week, and we went almost an entire week with 5 jobs failing. I pointed this out to him and he didn't seem to care. Mornings like that make me want out so bad I can taste it. I don't know what to do, someone needs to impress upon this guy the importance of the tasks he considers "beneath him". Its not my job though, I'm not his boss, and I don't wanna go running and screaming to the boss like a little kid. I wish I knew what to do.

All else is well, I should be back to regular postings, for those of you who find my life interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment