January 27, 2009

I love snow...

But my car does not. It doesn't help that my rear tires are really in need of replacement. The story goes like this. I was on my way to work this morning(Tuesday) and all was going well. Route 108 was blocked just before Olney, so we sat. Eventually we turned around and found a new way to get to work. It was quite enlightening for me. Just when I thought I'd cleared my "glich" for the ride in my car decided otherwise. I was on Muncaster road bearing slightly left when the rear tires lost traction. I slid the car off the road and onto someone's front lawn. Thankfully there were no fences, guardrails or other cars in the way. I slid to a stop, collected myself, and thought about going home. I then realized how close to the office I was and decided it was better to head to the office than head home. I only hope that the folks that own that house understand when they saw my tire tracks. The ground was hard enough that no damage was done. The ride home was uneventful.

We shall see what tomorrow morning holds, I may be blogging about the joys of a snow/ice day. Who knows.

Until then.

s

No comments:

Post a Comment