February 16, 2010

Happy Mardi Gras!


I don't know who the guy in the picture is, and no it's not me. I can honestly say I wouldn't mind being that guy today, considering its going to be almost 50 degrees in "The Crescent City" today.   I'm sure Carey and I will enjoy a beer or two tonight to celebrate the Mardi Gras, as we have already polished off her King Cake.

 

Today is also National Pancake Day.  I think my friend Tim put it best when he posted on Facebook " Pancakes and Mardi Gras, too good to be true!" I totally agree.  I would like to say that I had pancakes for breakfast today in honor of the holiday, but I didn't know about National Pancake Day until I was in the car on the way to work. My pancakes were just dumb luck today, but I'll take it.  IHOP is celebrating National Pancake Day on February 23rd, click here for details. There are few things better than free IHOP pancakes!

Enjoy Fat Tuesday, and some pancakes!   Lent starts tomorrow.

s

1 comment:

  1. i'm not sure about either one of those holidays. i get the parade, i get the beads, i get the colors, i get...i'm not sure where i'm going with this. hahaha but the pancakes...i can do one...but how the hell do people do all you can eat?!! that's too many damn pancakes. that triple stack up there looks like too much. hehe

    ReplyDelete